Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mercedes Benz Stereotype

The other day I was meeting Katie for lunch at Zoe's in Homewood. My favorite meal at Zoe's is the chicken rollup. The Homewood lunch hour is extremely busy. After driving around the same area three times I finally found a parking place. This was one of those parking places that the car to the left and the right did not maneuver in the center of the spot. The problem car was the Mercedes Benz...actually it was the driver. It was parked on the line just to the right of me. I did the best job to park in the center of a tight tight squeeze. After pulling my truck into the spot the lady stepped out of her Mercedes and gave me a devilish look. I thought...of maybe she is looking at someone else. *looks around* nope..she is definitely looking at me. Matter of fact she starts waving her hands to show me how much room is between our cars. I am thinking that this lady is nuts. So I rolled my window down and said, "Mam, is there anything I can help you with?" She gave another devilish look and said, "Yes, you are too close to my car please don't hit it." Humm...like would I really just open my door and smash and smash and smash the Benz. On a good day no...on a day where a lady is being very annoying yes. Yet, I said, "Mam I can't do a better parking job because you parked your car on the line....."

After I squeezed to get out of my truck I met Katie at the door of Zoe's. Who comes out the door while I am opening it? The Benz lady and she doesn't say a word not even a glance.

Lesson learned: Don't park next to cranky Benz women they'll give you a devilish look.

5 comments:

  1. The Chicken Rollup is my favorite at Zoe's also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lance,

    Thanks for sharing that with us! It's always my luck to have experiences similar to yours! I do a better job when I view 'em as tests. Great post!!

    Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
    mind praying for the prayer requests that are
    on our main page?

    May the Lord bless you and your family!!

    Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

    ps - please consider "following" our blog -or- atleast
    grab one of our free, linking, blue buttons. (see top
    sidebar at www.LighthousePrayerLine.org).

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you could have you should have parked 3 inches from her driver's door and make her crawl in the passenger side. People who are in debt for nice cars are generally crankier that people who are in debt for less nice cars. And people who drive things that are paid for are the easiest. You tend to care less about a car once you've paid for it.
    You should have threatened to eat the lady. I'm sure that is what Jesus would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ". . and smash and smash and smash. . ."

    Hahahaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are you talking about? That lady was so nice. She even came and commented on your nice truck and said that it would be okay for her car to hit such a nice looking truck. Okay, so maybe not.

    ReplyDelete